In Today’s Photo of the Week on The Daily Critique Craig looks at a wonderful environmental portrait from The Mindful Eye Community’s “Smile” Assignment and discusses the following points:
• the power of juxtaposition as a storytelling device
• breaks in formal symmetry that can create tension and lead to a more dynamic image
• the potential emotional and psychological effects of working in black and white
• the importance of quality of light and the effectiveness of the extremely dimensional and atmospheric quality of light in this portrait
• the creative power of photographing what is available to us most of the time
• leaving parts or a key part of the story to the viewers imagination.
To learn more about this shot watch Craig Tanner's Photo of the Week on The Daily Critique