In Today’s Photo of the Week on The Daily Critique Craig looks at a wonderful environmental portrait from The Mindful Eye Community’s “Attitude” Assignment and discusses the following points:
- the visual power of complimentary color
- the effectiveness of the high to low, high contrast lighting in communicating a mysterious and menacing attitude
- the visual potential of making the viewer work to find important information in carefully managed shadow detail
- the effectiveness of the low to high camera angle in lending visual weight and power to the main subject
- the creative potential of the self portrait
To learn more about this shot watch Craig Tanner's Photo of the Week on The Daily Critique.