In this episode of the Photo of the Week Daily Critique Craig looks at a strong environmental portrait with fireworks and discusses the following:
- good ISO, shutter speed and aperture choices for shooting fireworks
- formal symmetry
- getting a stronger fireworks shooting early in the show while there is still some ambient twilight and going for longer shutters speeds to bring up the lingering color in the background of the shot.
- shooting wide and considering framing that will tell a story that is bigger than just the fireworks themselves
- joy, generosity, serendipity and synchronicity
- Canon 5D 17-40mm zoom @17mm ISO 125 f8@ 15 seconds