In this week’s Photo of the Week on the Daily Critique Craig looks at a beautiful landscape photograph and discusses the following:
- using a mid range telephoto to create an image that has a strong feeling of near, middle, and far
- practicing “seeing” differing perspectives by looking at the same scene with different lens choices
- simplifying by using a very long exposure on the surf action of the ocean
- complimentary color pair of blue and orange
- making the image more dynamic by introducing tension into a part or some parts of the image.
- color theory, balance and subject separation
- Canon Mark II 1DS 17-40mm zoom @17mm ISO 100 F18@ 1sec