Home > Our Content > Photography Critique > Photo of the Week - Road Sign and Forest - Elements and Principles of Design
Photo of the Week - Road Sign and Forest - Elements and Principles of Design
"Marian from Netherlands" by Craig Tanner
Posted: February 4th, 2011 @ 12:02am
This week's Photo of the Week on the Daily Critique is a two part video. In part two Craig looks at a stunning landscape photograph and discusses the following:
- extraordinary light and combination of qualities of light
- normal color vs. extraordinary color, broken color, and dynamic proportion of color
- "how do we photograph scenes with a lot of subjects without things becoming too chaotic?"
- unifying effect of repetition
- simplifying effect of an effective use of the design principles of contrast and emphasis
- breaking the study of photography down into small enough parts of information that you can consciously practice to the extent that you know you are making progress
- growing your "intuitive" response through conscious practice
- combining the familiar and archetypal with your own personal discoveries so as to make room for mysteries that allow the viewer of your images to engage at the level of imagination to have new experiences and discoveries through your unique vision.
Run Time: 00:26:02